While that’s vaguely referencing high school tendencies that are currently making themselves known in my emotional spectrum, it mainly refers to something I am going to miss DEARLY once I return to Amerika. Fuck, I spelled America wrong; I can’t get any language right. But what I’m referring to (clearly) is the fruit here. Oh my god, the grapes…they are the most delicious amazing thing I have ever had the pleasure of consuming. I mean, they’re just normal grapes (ignoring the fucking huge aspect) but the skin is tougher, the fruit is juicier, it just tastes…right. You can’t get budo like that in America…what am I going to do??
Also—the Nashi (pear) is crisp and juicy. It’s almost like melon but thankfully the crispness compensates for the overly juiciness making it tolerable to my ever so sensitive palette.
Another noteworthy thing about Japan is the commercials. The most infamous commercial en mi mente so far is the “Chip Chop” commercial. It basically has an animated guy doing a commercial exactly how I’d imagine while at the same time having little to do with the product. Like most Japanese commercials, it was epic. Every commercial is epic…and has NOTHING to do with the product. Example: the one with the Asian guy walking down a dark train station…and there are flames behind him. And then he pulls a baseball bat out his ass and swings a fireball towards the screen. Then we see its “FIRE: COFFEE”. So what…is this coffee fucking spicy? It can’t be atsui because it’s in a can…but clearly it’s meant to be hot shit. Granted, that wasn’t the best example but let’s see. There’s also…oh god, too much to even think of! And they come at you in 15 second bursts so if you blink too long you’ll be on the next commercial.
But I completely deviated from my forbidden fruit. Granted, I’m not going into the high school tendencies emotional spectrum bit because that’s something fueled by my imbalanced hormones and weary body…but I will say Japanese fruit rocks. I feel like a fatty. Tomorrow I am seizing the fucking day so help me god.
Salut.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment